Friday, August 18, 2006

Bad things happen in threes?

You know how BAD things always seem to happen in threes? I never use to believe it... until it happened to me quite a few times.. so now when bad things happen to me.. especially when it hits the dreaded NO. 2... i will delibrately kick something with my feet... hurting only the tiniest bit and then get on with life.

Nothing beats this though...

It happened last week when i was walking my dog in the morning...

I first sighted a bunch of pigeon feathers...
"H'uh.. the cat must have caught the bird..."

Then... i saw a pregnant cat lying by the road.... a closer inspection revealed that it was not breathing at all...
"Uh Oh.... road kill...."

Bad feeling all around....

Went back home.. was going to drive in JB for a day of food and shopping... started the car.. depressed the clutch to engage the gear..

"TWANG!!"
The clutch cable broke...

It was a good thing that Dad was home.. and he quickly rush out to buy a clutch cable... and luckily.. he found ONE.. a last one... and it costed $12... labour charge = FOC.

Dad said that even if it had costed $50.. he'd still have to buy it... else... i can't drive my car at all.

No comments: