Friday, December 10, 2004

Nerve wrecking and hair tearing session..

After a few false alarms..(they were supposed to be out on Monday, 6th Dec. However, were delayed until today), my exam results were finally released... it's been really scary for me waiting for the results.

Why, you ask?

Several reasons to be honest...

1. i overloaded myself with 3 subjects.. it's really hard having to run for classes 3 nights a week... reaching home only around 11pm. Plus the night shifts that i have to cover in the library. An average of 2 nights a week including weekends. Giving me not much time to catch up on readings and for my assignments. Forget my movies, tennis, gossip sessions... etc etc.. my social life (that's another issue).

2. You know how you are supposed to be on track with the readings that are assigned to you weekly.. i didn't read them till 1 week before my exams.. yeah.. how great is that? On the exam day itself.. i couldn't even remember which articles i have read and which ones i left out. My coursemate held out 1 article and waved it in my face..."This article is really useful." And of cos, i started freaking out... which article?.. What is it about?.. Do i even have it??

3. During my study sessions... i was watching Oprah on cable... and *gasp* bidding for stuff on ebay. It was something i did so that i could look forward to the end of the exams by having stuff delivered to my place. Oh.. the joys of receiving things in the mail. To be honest.. i spent quite a lot of money online... you know all about "retail" therapy, right? However, it backfired big time!! Why? i was so busy keeping track of my bids every second.. and with the time difference... it means that i was up till wee hours of the morning waiting for the end of the auction! My mum thought that i was so hardworking... if only she knew.

so slack.. so slack...

i worked so much harder in the previous semesters.... so of cos.. knowing the kind of effort i put inthis semester.... i don't expect my grades to be that great.. my motto since the start of the semester.. "Just Pass, Can Liao". But that doesn't eliminate the possibility of me failing 1 or more of my subjects... and the horror of having to repeat any particular modules doesn't sit well at all. Imagine.. all your time spent studying and attending classes when you are in the prime of your life??!!

By the beginning of this week... i was having a major freak out... checking the university's website every few minutes for my results. i have honestly never felt this way for a long long time. Even during my undergrad days.. i knew i would do well... and when i was younger.. i honestly couldn't be bothered about my grades at all.

The chill that went through my heart while the results were loading is not something that i want to go through again. It's too nerve wrecking. Don't think that i would be able to take it again. Once is enough. Thank you very much!

Oh.. and yes.. I cleared all my subjects. Surprise, surprise...got better grades than what i expected. In fact.. i'm jumping for joy right now... i didn't know that i could even better my undergrad results!! har har har!!

Till term starts again...and i'm not looking forward to it.. (well.. a bit.. cos this would mean end of the suffering and pain!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a successful term! I remember that joyful end-of-term feeling. :)

Tiny Librarian
http://tinylittlelibrarian.blog-city.com