Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Blessing in disguise?

Went to the dentist today. Was supposed to get my tooth crowned. However, the dentist discovered a couple of cracks in my tooth and he couldn't do the crowning.

The crack could have been there for som time already, as previously i did complain of soreness in that tooth.

There could be several reasons due to it.
1. Becos of the root canal
2. Becos of the filling; or but not limited to
3. the lethal kacang puteh that i ate.

So anyway.. instead of the $600 over that i was prepared to shell out. i paid only $70 and got a day's mc... which really makes my new year's a long long long weekend!

And given that there's a huge lobang where my tooth was located formerly, there's several options that i can do.. all with certain costs.

1. Bridging - where the adjacent 2 teeth are crowned to make a fake bridge for the missing tooth
2. Dentures
3. Implants
4. Braces - to shift the teeth to cover up the hole
5. Do nothing.

Guess we'll see what happens as i will need a couple of months to wait for the wound to heal before doing anything.

But that's not the interesting part. The interesting bit is that i invited my dentist to join me for my social outings!! Would be interesting to see the reaction of my friends when they discover that.

*GASP*

The horror of it all..

Being pals with your dentist??

Are you mad??

But in all honesty... of all the numerous hundred and one dentists that i have gone to... i truly will recommend him. In fact, after my first treatment with him, i actually told him that he was the most gentle dentist that i have ever been to and that i totally didn't feel any discomfort AT ALL!! And he was a GUY!!

:)

Well.. if you need to get your much needed teeth checked... you can go and visit him at

Junction 8 Dental Surgery
Blk 506 Bishan St 11 #01-406
Singapore 570506
General Enquiries: 63537707

Should i post a picture of my beautiful gap? Let me think about it.

No comments: