Apparently, in the United States, there are state laws that allow authorities to ban people from public spaces after a written request or warning has been issued. Aimed at removing squatters from public campgrounds, parks and beaches, THE LAW prevents the offender from the public space for one year.
No doubt that there would be cases of abuses... but but but..wouldn't it be great for us? i definitely know how relieved and happy some of my colleagues would be if we could just banned certain trouble makers from the libraries...
List of people i'd ban.. (work in progress.. will add on to the list. Keep a look out)
- Love struck stalkers... yes yes.... we do have good-looking and attractive people working in the library.
- Peeping Toms/Janes... have to be politically correct, you know?
- Prostitutes... who solicit their business in the library... Com ' ON!! Go somewhere else! And maybe that's the reason why the Peeping Toms are in the libraries..
- Perverts.. such as those who masturbate to cookbooks in the library.
- People who think that librarians are really dumb... just today someone asked if i have a "balain"... i figured she was trying to say 'brains'. Yes, i have brains, else i wouldn't have figured out what she was saying. :)
- Real wackos... who tears up books and claims that he found them in the dustbin (we couldn't catch him in action).
- Sickos ... who swapped the Britney Spears disc with porn. imagine the poor kid who saw it.
- Eaters, Snoozers, and Whinners.
- Parents... who can't discipline their children and keep saying, "Librarian will scold you." Man.. that's YOUR job.. not mine.. they don't pay me enough for me to do your job.
- People who can't see the book when it is exactly where it is supposed to be.
- People who are forever asking, " Where's the toilet?"
- People who don't read the signage.
- People who don't follow library rules and regulations.
- People who abuse us and think that they can get their way by being unreasonable, loud and nasty.
Given a chance.. whom would you ban??